The event was entitled ’10 ways to gain members’.
40 delegates joined us to hear about membership development and growth ideas. Feedback was really good, we are thinking about how we can run another session in the future, as we had to put people on the waiting list.
So thinking about that, I just wanted to share 5 tips on membership planning:
- Start with your corporate strategy/plan (assuming you have one) and use that to help frame your membership plan. Or at least make sure the two complement each other.
- Suggested headings for the plan; objectives, development, communications, marketing, events, advocacy, engagement, budget and targets.
- Ensure your activities and targets are Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound.
- Obtain buy-in for your plan from staff and trustees/your Board/Council etc.
- USE IT! A plan is most effective if used! Don’t just file it away until the same time next year, review and amend as you go through the year.
If you are interested in attending a similar course, I will be presenting on Monday 5 March at the Recruiting and Retaining Members During Challenging Times. There are only a few tickets left.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.